Re: GG: cab conversation (GG on/off the Record)

>By the way, is it common for natives of Toronto to pronounce "were" as
"ware" instead of "whir"?
No.  Most of us grew up watching American T.V.  When you come to the
Gathering you will find our accents pretty much the same as yours.

     Some of our Japanese friends sound worried about understanding our
English phrases.  Canada is a country full of emigrants.  We are used to
speaking to people who have English as a second or third language.  You will
find most people in TO very helpful.  Remember we like tourists.
Anne