Re: cab conversation (GG on/off the Record)

Q1.  Is it true that "Up there we[Canadians]'re used to
having windows up"?  Or is it just joking?

I agree with John Hill's explanation of this question.   My parents were of
GG's generation .  They used to tell stories of foreigners coming to Canada
in the summer with their skis looking for snow. It was a big joke 60 or so
years ago that foreigners thought we lived in igloos and had ice and snow
all year around .  A lot of people liked to play tricks on them.  This could
be what GG is doing here.
Anne