RE: 16 or 32mm films of Gould

Dear Michael and all,

I happen to be engaged in such a project in Tokyo now.
A film providing company in Tokyo "bought"
*Glenn Gould on/off the Record* (60 min, 1959)
on 16 mm format from the National Film Board of Canada (NFBC)
to be shown in Ginza, Tokyo, in November-December 1999.
I am just checking Japanese super-titles now (I found the original
typescript incomplete, so I shall post some questions to f_minor;
thank you in advance.)

NFBC said it would be the first screening at a commercial theater
in the world though it has been shown at many occasions and
the videocassette and laser disc are available.

I think it is not a bad project, but I wish it would be better shown
with other GG films (videos) such as "Glenn Gould's Toronto*
and Bruno Monsaingeon's *Chemiins de la musique/Music and Technology*.

Anyway, I hope the news from Tokyo will be of use.

Regards,

Junichi
Junichi Miyazawa, Tokyo
walkingtune@bigfoot.com (alias)