Re: GG:

    But with GG, you must assume it was a
    deliberate substitution

There was at least one wrong note in the WTK that he (and Kazdin) only
noticed after publication.  It just slipped through, he said.  I'm not
sure if it was this one, but it might have been (he did state exactly
which note it was, I just don't remember).  I also don't remember in
which one of the books I read this -- Conversations with, maybe?
Sorry.

    In all the books and articles I have read about Glenn (with two n's) Gould,

His name was "Glen Gold" for most of his childhood, I believe.