Re: GG:

Message text written by Lindsey Orcutt
>On Tue, 5 Jan 1999, Sivan Etedgee wrote:

>     I recently discovered Glen Gould through a friend and have been
> fascinated with him ever since. I have some questions. The first
> concerns Gould's religion. In all the reading I have done, I have never
> seen it mentioned. I curious as to whether or not he is Jewish because
> the name sounds so.

I believe he was born to a Christian family. I checked with another Gould
fan friend of mine, and he said he believes it was a protestant religion,
though he can't remember which denomination. He definitely was not Jewish.

<

I believe he attended a Presbyterian church as a child, but I have not read
that he followed any
particular religion in later life.  He did, however, think highly enough of
the Salvation Army to
remember them quite generously in his will, and they are still presumably
receiving royalties
from his recordings.