GG: A question for the musicologists

G'day f_minorers !

This is not really a GG-related question but I hope someone can answer it anyway

Because Otto Friedrich mentioned a piece by Steve Reich (which turned out to be the brilliant "Come Out") in his GG biography and because I wanted to know why GG had something against composers like John Cage (and today I know GG was more or less right about Cage) I got myself a few records by contemporary composers like Reich, Glass etc.

Somewhere along the path I picked up the term "microtonal".

Could someone please explain to me what exactly this term means ?

Have a good day !

Pat
Attiswil, Switzerland

begin:          vcard
fn:             pat zumstein
n:              zumstein;pat
adr:            ;;;Attiswil;;; Switzerland
email;internet: pzumst@bluewin.ch
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: FALSE
version:        2.1