Cloning CD318

Whilst walking from one disaster to another at work today (I'm not quite
sure why the two areas that I supervise are separated by a Km or so...) I
wondered how hard it would be to "clone" CD318 using modern sampling
techniques. I know reproducing the feel would be difficult, but it would be
really neat to have something to download into an electronic device (piano,
computer, etc) and try to make sounds similar to GG (humming would be up to
the performer however :-)

Comments/Suggestions from those who understand how difficult this may be
would be appreciated. I guess the easiest would be to go to where CD318
currently lives and get someone to play individual notes and sample them
but it may be a bit hard to arrange and anyway, my understanding is that
CD318 was rebuilt after being dropped so it probably sounds somewhat
differently....

 Huw Davies                      | e-mail: Huw.Davies@latrobe.edu.au
 Information Technology Services | Phone: +61 3 9479 1550  Fax: +61 3 9479
1999
 La Trobe University             | "If God had wanted soccer played in the
 Melbourne Australia 3083        | air, the sky would be painted green"