RE: GG: Bill Evans (was: Scriabin och Jazz)

Someone of the list told me directly that the phrase "Scriabin of Jazz"
is from an essay by Gene Lees.
The essay is included in the Riverside Records boxed set of Evans,
and it is also in Lee's book *Meet me at Jim and Andy's*.
According to the essay, GG made the remark after hearing the album
*Evan's Conversations With Myself.*  Evans used CD 318.

Huw Davies wrote:
>This is fairly off topic, but I wondered what Junichi thought of Anna
>Russell's analysis of the ring cycle?

Yes, I enjoyed it very much.  I listened it in *The Anna Russel Album*
(Sony MDK 47252, CD).  I enjoyed almost all the tracks.  Her English
is farly understandable for my humble ears.  Of course I sometimes
cannot understand why the audience are laughing.  Perhaps her gesture
makes them.  I also purchased a VHS video of hers,
"The (First) Farewell Concert"(VAI 69019).  It is also enjoyable,
but her speaking is not well articulated as in the Sony recording,
so not clear enough to understand what she does, even though
visual factor helps me.

>Slightly on topic, I purchased Rosen's version of the Goldbergs on CD over
>the weekend, interesting, different, but I still think I prefer the GG
>versions....

Yes, I agree.  BTW, the linernotes for Rosen's GV is fairly well-writtten.

I also listened to some of Ferrante & Teicher recordings.
As someone recommended, I found the album "Blast Off" very interesting.
They play mainly popular songs, but uses so-called "prepared piano",
so the album is full of strange and fun percussive sounds.

Regards,

Junichi