Re: GG: Wagner/Mitch/F&T

On Thu, 16 Jul 1998, Junichi Miyazawa wrote:

> I learned also last night that
> Ferrante & Teicher (b. 1921 & 1924) are pianists as a duo.
> They did two things: experimantal performance with the
> so-called (John-Cage-like) prepared pianos; and
> standard easy listening music.
> I understand they were famous and popular in the 1960's,
> weren't they?

I haven't yet seen any of Ernie Kovacs' TV programs (c1952-62), but his
comedy is legendary, and I bought the new CD of "The Ernie Kovacs Record
Collection" (Varese Sarabande 5789).  It's an eclectic collection
including two prepared-piano pieces by Ferrante and Teicher, who
(apparently; I didn't know this) were regular guests on the TV programs.
A fan of Kovacs has put the CD notes at
http://www.users.interport.net/~manaben/Kchusid.html .  The two F&T items
here are from 1954 and 1956.

There are of course many other [Arthur] Ferrante and [Louis] Teicher
albums of their own: see a brief biography and partial discography at
http://home.earthlink.net/~spaceagepop/ferrante.htm

Bradley Lehman ~ Harrisonburg VA, USA ~ 38.45716N+78.94565W
bpl@umich.edu ~ http://www-personal.umich.edu/~bpl/

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music
and cats." - Albert Schweitzer