GG: Wagner/Mitch/F&T

On Thu, 16 Jul 1998, Bradley P Lehman wrote:

> I haven't yet seen any of Ernie Kovacs' TV programs (c1952-62), but his
> comedy is legendary, and I bought the new CD of "The Ernie Kovacs Record
> Collection" (Varese Sarabande 5789).  It's an eclectic collection
> including two prepared-piano pieces by Ferrante and Teicher, who
> (apparently; I didn't know this) were regular guests on the TV programs.

I had no idea about F&T doing the Kovacs show *or* performing Cage works
*or* doing works for prepared piano.  For whatever reason, I had this idea
that they just did rather predictable renditions of songs like "By The
Time I Get To Phoenix" with prominent tenor octave melodic voicings.  I
guess it's time to do some homework;  they're beginning to sound downright
retro-cool.

jh