RE: GG: Goldbergs on synthesizer; non-homogeneous fingering

Bradley P Lehman wrote

>My main reason for writing today is to mention a different recording of
>the Goldberg Variations themselves (not the canons) on synthesizer.  It
>was issued more than five years ago with the unfortunate and misleading
>title "New Age Bach."  It's not new-agey at all, but instead a perceptive,
>creative, entertaining performance of the Goldbergs, with quite a bit of
>tasteful variety, and not in Carlos or Tomita style, either.  (Wish I
>could remember the performer's name, but I can't think of it at the
>moment...my copy is at home.  I think it was Jeffrey something.) I don't
>know if it's still in print or not.  It was on Musicmasters (I think) and
>maybe also Musical Heritage Society labels.
>
>Several years ago I lent it to a friend (another professional
>harpsichordist) who has played and taught the GV's, and who has heard
>dozens of different recordings.  He gave it back saying it was the best
>performance he's ever heard on any instrument, and he had rushed out to
>get his own copy.

The Goldberg Variation by Joel Spiegelman on Kulzweil 250 Digital Keyboard
was produced by East-West Records and distributed by Atlantic recording
corporation, 75 Rockefeller Plaza, New york, New York 10019.   I dont know
if they still have on shelves.

I heard this GV after a long time and enjoyed it very much.  Its just like
an electrical parade version of GV at Disneyland.   This is the most
relaxing end of the GV, and I like it.
I wonder how Gould would have played GV on a synthesizer?

Masa-aki

"An Artist is a person who lives in the triangle which remains after the
angle which we may call common sense has been removed from this
four-cornered world. " Soseki