GG: The Wells Auto Museum?

Hi folks,
     I found this tourist information on the web. Is this the same Glenn
Gould whom we know and love? I always thought that Glenn was a complete car
dummy and let Ray Roberts take care of his automobiles. Has anyone else
heard of this, and is the information correct? Are we talking toy cars
here? In 1946 Glenn Gould was 14!
     I feel so uneducated. ;-)

Kristen
__________________

Wells Auto Museum

For those who love antique cars, you must stop at the Wells Auto Museum on
Route 1 in
Wells. Here you'll see some eighty restored autos, many of them date prior
to 1915. The
museum boasts having the largest display of "Brass Era" antique cars. After
1915, manufacturers
turned from polished brass to painted headlamps, radiators and trim.

Lined up in four rows, atop red carpet these antique autos are the dream
come alive of Glenn
Gould. In 1946 Gould was handed a rusted Stanley Steamer. Through
painstaking efforts and
help, the Stanley was restored. This began the love for collecting and
restoring old cars.

The exhibit in Wells includes a Maxwell, Pathfinder, Hupmobile, Thomas,
Pierce Arrow,
Lincoln Zephyr, Overland and Templar. There are cars with wooden axles, a
chain-driven 1904
Schacht, a 1918 Stutz Bearcat with no doors on it. There are electric cars
and three Stanley
Steamers, one said to be the personal vehicle of one of the Stanley twins
of Kingfield, Maine,
who invented this now most sought-after antique car.

Old photographs hang on the wall, there are antique toys, license plates,
arcade games and
nickelodeons on display and all in working order.

The Wells Auto Museum is located on Route 1 in Wells, a mile south of the
Route 109
intersection. Open June through September, 207-646-9064.

"I'm very much the anti-hero in real life, you see, but I compensate madly
in my dreams."

                                  -- Glenn Gould, "Toronto"