Hello. My first contribution

I'm in Hampton UK. I'm new to the internet and new to an enormous
appreciation of GG's genius. He really is the first performer of great
music who, for me, is at least as important as the composer.My first
experience of GG was when I happened on a German TV video of the
Goldberg Variations and this stuck in my memory for some time. Last year
I was sent a recording of a BBC R3 programme called "Private Passions"
in which a well known person describes their favourite music . It was
sent to me because the subject was the novelist Ian McEwan with whom I
was at school. He gave such a compelling and,on hearing it, accurate
description of GG's technique with the C minor Sinfonia that I had to
acquire the CD. (The interviewer Humphrey Berkeley-son of Lennox-
described the piece as "..the piano..and voice of Glenn Gould..")
Since then I have listened almost exclusively to the 7 GG CDs I now own
and have a couple more on order!
      What comes after Glenn Gould?
      At the moment more Glenn Gould.
  I shall certainly return to the late  Beethoven Quartets. But here is
a similarity. When I discovered them I was angry with myself for wasting
thirty years.
 I could and should have discovered GG thirty years ago!
ERIC COATES