RE: GG: Italian Concerto

Greetings, all!

Interesting that GG would re-record the Italian Concerto.
He went on record *many* times as really disliking this piece
for its lack of contrapuntal interest;  he seemed to feel that
it was compositionally inferior to almost everything else Bach wrote.
Maybe he was starting the whole Bach cycle over on digital???
Stuff that's in the "ice-box" is usually there for a reason
(like the artist doesn't want it to go out), but would obviously
be of great interest now.

jh