Subject: Re: GG: Art of the Fugue
Author:  Taku Fujita <g650330@komaba.ecc.u-tokyo.ac.jp> at internet
Date:    1/15/97 6:09 PM

I think Bach's works are great.
The scores of them are cosmos themselves.
So, many people play the Welltempered,
other works for Clavier and so on, in various style,
even Jazz, Rock, Sequencer of Synthesizer.

The Art of Fugue is played so.(maybe, not for clavier)
This is not composed for piano.
Maybe, Gould's A of F in Moscow was the rare performance, at that time.
But I can't help being impressed by it.

I heard about Moscow debut of Gould
>from Mrs Ganev who is a pupil of Neugaus(he is the teacher of S.Richter).

She said,
"No One Knew Gould, well.
 Everyone didn't expect good performance.
 So, there were few audience.
 But when his performance started,
 my tears dropped from my eye by itself.
 all audience was moved, too.
 For the intermission,
 many people called their friends, teachers and family.
 After all, Gould played again in Moscow."

Fortunately, this next concert was recorded.
This CD which contains the Art of Fugue is my treasure.

Taku

#Thank you for your kind reply to GG:How do you do?, Mark.