GG: Gibbons = Gould

Hello all:

Having just returned from a wonderful trip to England, I have been dreaming
about the great Tudor composer Orlando Gibbons and, of course, ruminating
on how GG believed that it was this composer, among all others, with whom,
at some unfathomable level, he most identified. Touring the town of Oxford
with the great King's College Chapel, I couldn't help imagine where and how
Gibbons fit into all of this. Anyone have thoughts or info they would like
to share?

Joseph

P.S. I own a recording of Gibbons' Anthems and Songs of Praise (by the
Clerkes of Oxenford, David Wulstan, director) and, like GG, I've worn out
several copies. Such beautiful and profoundly serene music.