GG: Royal Conservatory

In light of the renaming of the Royal Conservatory in honor of Mr.
Gould, I think we should hear from GG himself regarding this
institution.

In the selected letters compilation, GG wrote to John Maurer, a young
fan, the following excerpt, (dated February 28, 1962).

	"Now to your question about the Royal Conservatory of Music.  (It was
called the Toronto Conservatory in my day but has since been changed.)
I am afraid that I cannot speak with any authority about it since I
have not for at least ten years had any connection with it.  Moreover,
quite frankly, I think that there are perhaps many other institutions
much closer to your home which are equally well established to serve
you for your musical education.  I cannot, in short, recommend it
without some reservations."

;-)

Lori Lalonde