GG: Shuffling

Lori:  My CD copy of the 81 Goldbergs has only one track, containing all
the variations and both arias.  Where did you find your copy with 34
tracks?

Regarding your theory that GG would want us to listen to the Goldbergs
"in order,"  for continuity's sake, I don't think that GG's practice bears this
out.  I don't have the books beside me as I write, but I recall that GG was
always recording things out of sequence, and splicing even whole
sections of a single movement together from takes done on different
days.  Read what the "Variations" Bio says about the sequence in which
the later Goldbergs were recorded.

John Mansfield
jmansfield@cov.com