Re: GG: Images

At 17.12 03/10/96 -0700, Derek Wong wrote:
>Hi,
>
>A new member just finished reading thru some 500K archive of this nicely
>maintained list.

Hi Derek, welcome to the list.

>Just got my copy of GG Images. I love the selections and packaging but
>there is no explanations about the photos and music. I hope the Gouldians
>on this list could provide me with some details. I have a feeling some
>items are selected for special meanings. Does the Sibelius track use
>Gould's miking technique?

I got my copy yesterday. Yes, the Sibelius is recorded using the 'acoustic
orchestration'. If you like it try to get the complete recording (SM3K
52654) which also includes the beautiful Bizet's 'Variations chromatiques'
and the Sonata Op.7 by Grieg.

>The Mozart is played in Bach style?

??? I thought it was Gould style.

>On P.7 who's head is Gould sitting on adn why is he wearing headphones?

The unusual chair looks like the great Ludwig van B. If I'm right there are
two possible answers to your related question:
A) That's the only way he can listen to Gould's playing.
B) He doesn't like very much Gould's playing and he's listening the radio.

>P.11 to 13 are imaginary personalities?

Yes. But there is a mistake on page 11 (nobody's perfect). That's the
brilliant american actor Myron Chianti, subject of the _CBC Tuesday Night_
documentary entitled "First Foxtrot in Fiji".

>What about P.25, 29 and others? Thank you.

P.29 Postcard from Leningrad sent during the '57 European tour to his pet
Banquo.

Regards,

Silvio