The Glenn Gould Society

The International Glenn Gould Society was founded on October 1, 1982 (!) by
the inimitable and amazing Cornelis Hofmann, in his home city of Groningen,
The Netherlands. Leonard Bernstein and Ivo Pogorelich were honorary memnbers.

For years Cornelis put out a first class journal, and in 1992 he put on an
ambitious GG festival that, in my view, far outdid the Toronto one of that year.

The last issue of the Bulletin I know of was vol. 17/18 published in Sept.
1992. Cornelis had to constantly battle for membership and financing, so it
may be that the Society is inoperative now.

The last address I have for the Society is from a 1993 letter from Cornelis:

        The Glenn Gould Society
        Postbus 7021
        9701 JA Groningen
        The Netherlands

All GG fans owe him a huge debt of gratitude for his terrific work. Despite
a lack of support, especially from Canada (I was one of the few Canadian
members), he has made a most worthy contribution to the legacy of GG .

Ron

ronald d. davis | barrister and solicitor
54 brunswick avenue | toronto | ontario | canada m5s 2l7
Vox: (416) 929-2324 | Fax: (416) 929-1087
e-mail: rdavis@chass.utoronto.ca