Re: GG: Original Jacket Collection

Hi,

I saw the Original Jacket Collection at a local Tower Store. The concept
looked interesting. Then I read a brief review, which was sort of luke warm
to the concept, but was greatful for the music. One of the knocks about the
packaging was the back of the Art Of The Fugue disk -- the liner notes
were covered by the announcement that the disk contained some
multi media information.

I decided to buy the set before completing my purchase of the Glenn
Gould Editions. I purchased through Tower On Line -- which seemed
to have the lowest price -- about $95.

I like the packaging of the cds as mini lp jackets. Sony Classical also
has a Stravinsky Original Jacket Collection package.

By the way, as way of introduction, I am a very recent convert to the
Glenn Gould camp. While I've been aware of Gould since the early
70s, it wasn't until late last year that I became interested enough to
collect Gould's CD offerings. I think the Original Jacket Collection
spurred my interest in Gould. I've collected all of the Sony Classical
Editions, plus the Brahms Concerto, Gould the Composer, Silver
Anniversary, the other Sony collections, and the CBC offerings.

I became a member of the GlennGould Foundation. All in the space
of about 8 weeks. It's an interesting ride.

Ken Hutchins