Re: F_minor...

    1.  What did Glenn mean when he said whatever he said about the key of Fm?

I think it was a philosophical statement, that f minor best represented
him in some overall, general, hard-to-pin-down way.  And afaik he was
completely serious -- in one of the books I read that he would be quite
miffed if someone told him he was C major :).

    For that matter, what did he mean when he said Gibbons was his favorite
    composer?  :)

Good question.

    2.  What do historical tuning systems have to do with Gould?  Did he ever
    record  with any of them?  Not his Handel harpsi-piano recordings, not his
    Byrd/Gibbons recordings(?)

I've never read anything suggesting that he used anything but modern
equal tuning.

    3.  Did Gould have perfect pitch and how much of a hindrance was it for
    him?  Was he hyper-sensitive in this area?  I know people that say it's a
    curse.

Yes, he did have a perfect pitch, and as far as I know he considered it
a blessing.  He doesn't talk about it much, it probably just seemed
normal to him :).