No all-Bach

> Re, the issue below:

> One reason for the dearth of all-Bach concerts is perhaps the fact that Bach is not
> universally loved by the majority of ticket purchasing concert goers.

> I have friends who appreciate the greatness of Bach but do not like his music. It doesn't
> inspire them.

> I had a teacher who said of Bach preludes and fugues "Nobody needs them anymore". Shock!

It would be nice to find a Bach keyboard music festival. (Yes, I know that there are various
Bach Festivals in the United States and (organ festivals). But look at the programmes. A piece
of Bach here and there. Even a Bach Festival cannot rely solely on Bach.) Perhaps the Gould
Society might organize such a thing in memory of the great interpreter. It would inspire me to
attend a gathering more than the confabulation convention.

Gregory Barton