RE: rosalyn tureck - wow !

Well, although we do have a Gould list here, other pianists have to be ok.
BUT, I have to say that I find it a bit strange when anyone says that one
interpretation is "better" than another, or "trumps it or whatever. Once a
certain technical proficiency has been reached (how easy that sounds... )
then surely who are we to start saying what is of higher aesthetic value?

Incidentally, all the talk of scores that appeared over the weekend reminded
me of how good it is to look through the score while listening to GG. Even
to non-musicians (another dodgy term in my view but we'll skip that one) it
can be really interesting.

I'm sure you'll also be pleased to know that it's so sunny in Cardiff this
morning that we've had to close the office blinds. Spring is on the way over
here!

Best wishes,

Martin