Re: Has GG's star faded in the midst of recent trends?

jerry and judy wrote:

 There is no Gould legacy -- the performer who follows Gould's path will
 sound nothing like Gould, because the essence of Gould is an
 interpretation that may suit none but the performer.

I totally agree.  As I've said before, Gould is a re-creator who thinks right
along with the composer on his (Gould's) own terms. A Gould performance is a
unique creation of it's own.
(Forgive my brevity, I know short-windedness is rare in this group)