Re: GG: not in _Time_

As might be predicted, I'm one of those who believes that it is virtually
impossible to rank various classical performers and composers into one
coherent list of great artists.  How would one compare John Cage with
Jascha Heifitz, Glen Gould with Aaron Copland or Artur schnabel with Morton
Sabotnik?  You see that it is nearly impossible.  whose values or
contributions were more important in this century?  The innovative
composer?  The crowd-wowing performer?  The eccentrics?  The theorists?  It
is truly a matter of what individuals think to be important to their
creating or listening endeavors.  I think all the above have their place in
this century and I wouldn't want to leave any of them out just to get a
hundred.

Love,
Orlando