Re: GG: not in _Time_

Personally, I would have added Victor Borge and Anna Russell. :-)

Seriously, the more I learn of the omissions from the Time list, the less
credibility it has for me. A list without Shoenberg, Webern, Heifetz,
Stowkowski, Rachmaninoff and so on betrays the ignorance of its compilers.

On 3 Jun 98, about Re: GG:  not in _Time_, Gayle Woikey <woikey@cei.net>
had this to say:

> I wonder what happened to Jascha Heifetz?  He was not only popular with
> the concert going, classical crowd, but with the movie goers of the 30's
> and 40's,
>
> as was Stoky.

<snip>

> Anyway, why were these two musicians not selected, do you think?  What
> were the criteria the "judges" used?  Who were the judges? Gayle.

Kris Shapar

        One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song,
        read a good poem, see a fine picture, and, if it were
        possible, to speak a few reasonable words.

                            - Johann Wolfgang van Goethe