Re: GG: not quite _Time_

Glenn Gould we all know as being different in many ways in his approach to
music; his
attitudes about concert performance for instance was unusual (he didn't like
live
performance and gave it up to spend his time in the recording studio); his way
of interpreting the music itself (very fast a lot of the time, whereas
Rosalind Tureck would
have performed the same sections s l o w l y); the way he sat at the piano.
All these
would serve to show how different he was and how different he thought, but how
much
have they influenced or changed society and it's approach to music, I wonder.
Any other opinions out there?  I would like to know more.
I wonder if Harry Partch would have qualified.  But how many have even heard
of
him?
Gayle