RE: non-gg bach piano?

Well, Rosalyn Tureck is certainly one to listen to.  I can also
recommend a recording of the 2d Partita, the 2d English Suite, and a c
minor Toccata by Martha Argerich which IMHO is not unlike the Gould
style, which is one of my favorites.

There are also pianists who IMHO play Bach more fluidly, sonorously,
etc. than Mr. Gould, and in particularly there are Busoni transcriptions
of chorale preludes etc. which lend themselves to that style.  There is
an excellent recording by Alfred Brendel of some of those Busoni works
and also the Italian Concerto and other works.  I also recently heard a
recording of some of those Busoni works by Awagadgin Pratt (sp?) which
was very nice.  And I have heard a number of Bach recording by Andras
Schiff which were very impressive.  I heard him play the 6th French
Suite on the radio just a month or so ago.

Mark