Re: Sony GG Tapes

Have a look at Sony videotape no. XII: The Goldberg Variations ... it
consists of Gould playing the 1981 Goldbergs from start to finish.
Apparently it was filmed at the same time that the recording was made.
Bruno Monsaingeon directs it.

As for the "character" stuff ... don't you think his sense of humour and
his way of expressing it were part of what made Gould such a unique figure?

>     Would anyone care to recommend the tape which has mostly GG  playing
>Bach.  The HMV shop in Sydney couldn't supply me with a catalogue  and the
>half dozen or so tapes they had appeared to consist bits and pieces of
>playing mixed up with such abominations as the GG "character"  stuff.  How
>many in the series? Is there one which shows him playing the  complete
>Goldbergs or more than a few of the Inventions - or are they mainly  talk
>and Schonberg?   Michael Lacey, Newcastle, NSW, Australia
>Mike.Lacey@Bigpond.com

	k a t h e r i n e   l e e    m u l t i m e d i a   p r o d u c e r

   	 DNA Productions Inc.   Tel: (604) 730-0306, ext. 103
     230-1737 West 3rd Avenue    Fax: (604) 732-7331
	          Vancouver, BC    Email: katherine@dna.bc.ca
	        V6J 1K7 Canada    http://www.dna.bc.ca