Re: My First Time......:)

Dear Nick, and fellow Minors,

	My first Gould was the same record!  My Dad had the Columbia recording of
the Bach Keyboard Concerto No. 1 and the Beethoven Piano Concerto No. 2,
and I loved them both.  I must admit, though, that those recordings did not
make me a Gould fan: I was a callow 15 years old then, and was looking for
more visceral music like high-voltage Wagner and Tchaikovsky.  When I was
24, I heard Gould's second version of the Goldberg Variations and his
recordings of Byrd and Gibbons.  In part because of Gould's recent death,
those records haunted me, and, well, here I am (in good company, I must
say!).

Robert