RE: My First Time......:)

There is also another recording of GG playing this particular concerto
with Dmitri Mitropolous and (the Concertgebouworkest - I think). It is a
very different performance than the one with Bernstein.  For one thing
he plays it much faster in the outer movements. Breathtaking
performance. Unfortunately it is a bootleg recording so that GG's estate
doesn't make any money. It is coupled with a performance of the
Beethoven Piano Concerto No. 3 with Herbert von Karajan and the Berlin
Philharmonic- also a really great performance !

Now I have a question. I used to have a CD recording of GG playing the
Bach d minor concerto with Bernstein. It was part of Columbia's "Great
Performances" series. I loaned the recording to someone and never got it
back. Later, I obtained the CBS Masterworks CD release of the Bach
Concerti coupled with GG's recording of "The Art of the Fugue". The
cover lists this performance of the d minor concerto not with Bernstein,
but with Vladimir Golschmann. DId GG make two recordings of this
concerto for CBS or is it a typo and Bernstein is really the conductor ?

Eric Cline x 8116
R & D Chemist
Emulsion and Energy Curable Polymer Synthesis
Sun Chemical Business Team
e-mail: eric.cline@reichhold.com