GG: his autographed letter

Hi f_minorians,

I have just found in the newest catalogue (Winter 1998)
of La Scala Autographs (POBox 715, Pennington, NJ 08534;),
a letter of GG on sale:

#37.  GOULD, Glenn.  1p. TLS 1959, to Malka Rabinowitz
of the *Jerusalem Post*:  "Thank you for the galley proof
of the auditorium heating.  I am very happy to know that
it has finally been achieved and I think the least they could do,
since I made such a spectacle of myself over the issue, is to
put a plaque bearing my name over one register so that in
future all comfortable artists in the hall will be able to
celebrate the martyrdom of St. Glenn! . . ."  Gould refers to his
famous tantrum, when he threatened to withdraw from his
concert engagement if the hall in Jerusalem was not heated.
According to the *Post*, eight portable heaters were assembled
" . . . and in loped Mr. Gould, wrapped in a long overcoat and muffler.
He slouched into his unique position at the piano and proceeded to
turn in an unforgettable rendition of Beethoven's Second Piano
Concerto."  With envelope and a copy of Rabinowitz's review of
the concert.  Gould's autograph is the rarest and most sought-after
of all the 20th century musicians! . . . . . . . . . . . . .$2250.00.-

Do you think it reasonable or expensive?
The letter was once published in *du* magazine (Switzerland),
so its carbon copy must be survived in the GG Archive.

Regards,

Junichi

Junichi Miyazawa, Tokyo
walkingtune@bigfoot.com / junichi@poetic.com