GG: We wish you a merry...

Dearest F-Minorians,

Last weekend I was doing some arduous Christmas shopping in one of the
bland, suburban malls we have down here South of San Francisco, and I
happened upon a store that sells ONLY calendars.  'Tis the season, I guess!
Anyway as it happens I had some calendars to buy, so I went in, and
wandered through the various sections:  "Travel", "Sports", "Animals",
"Models" (of course), and "Entertainment".  In the "Entertainment" section
I spied a singular "Classical Music" themed calendar among the "Star Wars"
and "X Files" varieties, and just out of curiosity I picked it up and
turned it over to see what this lone specimen could possibly have to offer.
The Three Tenors?  Liverpool Oratorio?  Well, believe it or not, our very
own Glenn Gould had claimed one month (though I'm not sure which one, this
was one of the pictures on the back).  The photograph was black and white,
and looked to have been taken when he was in his twenties, seated at the
piano in some kind of rehearsal situation.  It was autographed, "To Lennie
and Felicia, Glenn Gould".
Well, that was a bright spot in the hectic day, as was thinking about the
fact that there were a few people around the world I could mention this to,
who can appreciate what might seem to others to be a meaningless,
insignificant event.

  So I guess I said all that to say...Happy Holidays to all of you!

Veronica
vxavier@sfsu.edu