Re: GG: Gould in Gramophone

Dear Gouldians,

	I would be very interested to hear people's reactions to the GRAMOPHONE
reviews of Gould.  I've mentioned this before, so I won't go on at length,
but I have very ambivalent feelings about GRAMOPHONE.  I subscribe to it
and find myself often pleased by the intelligent commentary and often
irritated by what strikes me as a tone of lofty condescension.  My
recollections of most of its reviews of Gould are that his recordings were
sharply criticized.  As Mr. Lehmann demonstrated to us, there are very
illuminating criticisms to be made of Gould, but I was consistently
disappointed by the GRAMOPHONE reviews that I recall.  My knowledge is
hardly exhaustive, though, and I would be quite interested to hear about
other people's reactions.

Robert

> From: jerry and judy <jerbidoc@zianet.com>
> To: f_minor-og@email.rutgers.edu
> Subject: Re: GG: Gould in Gramophone
> Date: Tuesday, November 18, 1997 9:02 AM
>

> >> Coincidentally, I downloaded these reviews yesterday.  I just
purchased a
> >> new PowerMac 604e 200 which is supposed to be 10-20% faster than a
Pentium