GG: Shostakovich, On/Off the rec.

Hi Michael (and Elisha!) and the rest--

GG did record Shostakovich's 3 Fantastic Dances--I don't think it's part of the
Sony GG Edition cd collection.  He also recorded Shostakovich's piano quintet
on one of the Sony videos.  As far as I know, he never recorded the sonatas.

Glenn Gould the composer cd is interesting, but I can sort of see why Glenn
didn't regard himself as a great composer.  I'm surprised there aren't more
manuscripts that survived from his later life.

On a completely unrelated topic...  I e-mailed the National Film Board of
Canada (New York division) asking about "Glenn Gould: On the Record/Off the
Record."  They said that both films were available from Kultur Video here
in New Jersey.  When I called Kultur, they said they didn't have anything
called
"On the record/off the record", but they did have a video called "Glenn
Gould: Two portraits."  Is "Two Portraits" the same as "on/off the record?"

I also asked what other Glenn Gould videos they had there and they told me they
had "Glenn Gould Plays Beethoven."  Does anyone know specifically what's on
this video?I assume it's not part of the Sony edition.  The telephone number
for Kultur Video (if you live in the US) is 1-800-458-5887, 7 days a week,
9-5 edt. Don't call over the weekend or you'll get some poor soul who
doesn't know
who Glenn Gould is :-o

Thank you, and regards,

David