GG: Hi, I'm new here...

To everyone in the mail list,
	Hi, my name is Elisha.  I think you can tell from the
introduction that I am new in this forum.  I happened to stumble across
the f-minor home page while I was surfing  on the net for some more info
on GG during his 65th anniversary. (September 25, last Thursday)
	I decided to major in music not long ago (now you know that I'm
still in high school) and because I made this decision a bit late, I have
a lot of requirements to catch up and to work on.  My choice of
instrument?  What else--the piano.
	GG made me fell in love with Bach--and so he did to other fans as
well.  However, certain interpretations and embellishments which he added
or modified were conflicting with my piano teacher's interpretations.
For example, I am working on the Bach f-minor (Go figure! :-) Concerto
for a scholarship competition, and there are two arpeggios which were
supposed to be played from bottom notes to top.  GG did it differently:
he went from the top note to the bottom of the chord--it's hard to put it
in words, much easier to understand if you can hear it.  However, from my
opinion, GG's interpretation of those two chords are more interesting
than the conventional rule, but it is not for me to say.  I am not trying
to imitate GG--that would be unthinkable, but I like certain modulations
he had added which, to a pedagogic musicologist, is unthinkable.
	While I was on the net, I couldn't believe there are many web
sites devoted to him.  I often wonder how he would feel that, 15 years
after his death, is still the most controversial and talked about
musician in the music world.
					Sincerely,
					Elisha (:-)