what sources will do

It's all very well to complain that living sources weren't (perhaps or
probably?) reinterviewed for a new book, but as one involved in some
research of this kind myself, I can tell you that very often sources have
been interviewed to death. In the case of the figure I'm working on they've
been interviewed and interviewed and now feel it's all "out there
somewhere" and should be available to me. Often it isn't, but they have
said all they have to say about the famous subject and don't have any more
to add.

Ostwald's failing, as I've already said on this list, was that he did not
use his analytic and interpretative powers more in his account. Dying or
not, he produced a relatively flat, unexciting book.

James Rhem

James Rhem
Executive Editor      &      Book Acquisitions Editor
THE NATIONAL TEACHING        ACE/Oryx Series
& LEARNING FORUM                on Higher Education

http://www.ntlf.com		http://www.oryxpress.com

213 Potter Street            Phone: (608) 258-8747
Madison, WI 53715          FAX:   (608) 258-9955

E-Mail: (NEW ADDRESS!!!!!!!!!!)  jrhem@itis.com
	or        71062,3053@Compuserve.com