Re: GG and Mozart

    Gould often claimed he wanted to compose, but of course he
    barely composed at all.

He also died prematurely.  Admittedly his extant compositions did not
garner any great acclaim (nor do I find them especially wonderful, which
I find rather depressing), but I seem to remember hearing once that he
planned to play for half his life, conduct for 1/4, and compose (both
music and prose :-) for 1/4.  And of course the second half never really
got started.

(OK, he was a a bit behind schedule ...)