GG: Secret Sugar Addict

Kristin

Call me paranoid, but I noticed things started slowing down after my
e-mail re: whether or not my own idolatry of Gould was so
different from that of his kook contingent's.  Richard's e-mail, however,
pointed out that I am not part of the kook contingent but, rather, the
*kook's* contingent.  Gosh, isn't there some children's rhyme or
sing-songy something to the effect of "Whatever you say I am, you are."
Hmmm... well, touche, Glenn.

As far as Gould having a secret penchant for butter pecan ice cream, I
think you are right, Kristin.  I had an Arrowroot cookie for the first
time last week (my friend offered me one because I was feeling
queasy after a long car-ride) and, you know, those things are pretty
damn sweet.  Melba toast, rice cakes, or WASA crackers:  those are the
treats a true ascetic would indulge.  I guess the advantage of Arrowroots
is that they look like they'd taste just a tad better than WASA crackers
when, in fact, they are not even in the same taste ballpark as WASA
crackers.

So Gould maintained his ascetic image munching on Arrowroots and all the
while, was giving himself a pretty nice sugar high.  And if he became a
sugar addict (and he certainly would after eating so many Arrowroots) you
know he'd be searching out bigger, richer doses at some point...

Colleen