Re: Coincidence?

John:

>GG did make flattering references to both Oscar Peterson and Bill Evans,
>if I recall correctly, but nothing to my knowledge on Thelonious Sphere.

I knew of the comments about Peterson, but not about Bill Evans, though I
can imagine that Evans' introspection would have appealed to GG.

As regards Monk: I have this pet theory that GG was waiting in the studio,
nodding to these strange melodies and fragile harmonies and thought: Hmm, I
bet I could make Scarlatti *swing* like that and cut the K.13 sonata....but
it *is* just a thought....

Regards,  Alun

ALUN SEVERN            snailmail:  1 Chestnut Rd, Oldbury B68 0AX England
                       tel:                          + 44 (0)121 422 9509
                       email:                      alun@ukiah.demon.co.uk
Take a break Driver 8, Driver 8 take a break
                     We've been on this shift too long...        -- R.E.M