Subject: Re: GG: Italian Concerto
Author:  "K. Berry" <kb@cs.umb.edu> at internet
Date:    3/6/97 11:59 AM

    that I associate with early pieces like the D-major toccata.

I love the D major toccata.  In fact, that was the piece that first got
me interested in Gould and Bach keyboard music :-).

It seems hardly anyone else in the world really likes the toccatas,
Gould certainly never expressed any enthusiasm for them (although, no
surprise to anyone on this list, his renditions seem about a million
times better than anyone else's to me :-).  Personally, I find them to
be some of the most emotional works Bach ever wrote ...