Re: GG: Genes & Genius

Greetings,

I was amazed when I read this letter regarding the fact that Herbert's
Gould original name was actually Gold.  I have this book in my collection
*The Life and Times of Joseph Gould* published in Toronto in 1887.  I always
wondered if this Joseph Gould , a politician of  one hundred years ago
was related to our man Glenn.

This man Joseph, was born on the old Gould farm at Uxbridge in 1808.
His father, This goes back to the 18th century sometime changed his
name from Gold to Gould because "gold was the name of a metal
and Gould was the name of a man" according to a Webster's Reader
at the time.  Not a big GG connection but I was really surprise
to see that name change again.

If there are any Gould or Gold descendents that must have this book,
write and I will let you have it cheap.

regards

Michael