GG: Schoenberg

Friends,

GG has reawakened my shaky, sporadic interest in Schoenberg. Tonight I
bought Boulez conducting Suite, Op. 29; Verklarte Nacht; and 3 Pieces for
Chamber Orch. At some point, assuming this quest lasts, I'll invest in GG's
piano works and see if I can make the transition from Bach freak to
Schoenberg afficionado....

So, my question is this: Paysant says that GG wrote more pieces -- and
probably a greater sum total of words -- about Schoenberg than anyone else
in the English language; and yet these pieces are largely ignored,
forgotten. Not on f_minor, they won't be! If any kind soul has scanned or
d/loaded text for any of the Schoenberg essays -- the more introductory the
better -- and is prepared to email it to me, preferably in plain ascii text
rather than formatted files (unless it's MS Word) I would be eternally
grateful.....

Paysant also says, BTW, that GG's three favourite composers *for playing*
were.....Aha: answers tomorrow night. Let's have some educated guesses. Who
were they?

Best,   Alun

ALUN SEVERN      -   Home                          1 Chestnut Rd  Oldbury
                                              W.Midlands  B68 0AX England
                                                       tel: 0121 422 9509
                                            email: alun@ukiah.demon.co.uk
                 -   Work           tel 0121 643 4343 + fax 0121 643 0661
"Solitude is the prerequisite for ecstatic experience..."   - Glenn Gould