Re: GG: Cloning the chair.

Lori said:

>No one is really expecting to find a reproduction of the chair useful
>in any way, right?

Look, it's late, I'm bushed after too long at work, but I have this nagging
idea. Here it is. Rather than cloning a fullsize chair -- one that might be
mistaken for a chair rather than the fetishistic object it undoubtedly is
-- why not clone a....tiny chair? It *is* done: designer reproductions of
Shaker chairs, Mackintosh chairs, Bauhaus chairs and so forth. I guess they
stand maybe six inches high. They're often very beautiful. And somehow,
freeing them up from their function of objects for sitting on renders their
beauty all the clearer. Oh yes, and cheaper....  :-)

Hmm?

- Alun

ALUN SEVERN      -   Home                          1 Chestnut Rd  Oldbury
                                              W.Midlands  B68 0AX England
                                                       tel: 0121 422 9509
                                            email: alun@ukiah.demon.co.uk
                 -   Work           tel 0121 643 4343 + fax 0121 643 0661
"Solitude is the prerequisite for ecstatic experience..."   - Glenn Gould