Re: GG: Other pianists?

Hello Alun!
On Wed, 28 Aug 1996, Alun Severn wrote:

> OK, this may well be anathema -- so go ahead, shoot me down -- but does
> anyone out there like Bach played on piano by *anyone* other than GG? If
> so, whom? At the insistence of various friends I've tried a number of other
Well, I rather like Andras Schiff's performances of Bach.  They have
energy and passion, unlike so many Bach recordings out there (Gould's
excepted, of course :)).  His recording of the English Suites are
excellent, although they are not on the same level as Gould's.  Hope you
check him out!

Cheers,
Christy