Re: GG: Deification

Is it in the nature of great artists to put-down other great artists; I
guess so. Eccentricity includes lack of humility and delusions of
greatness; even belief in one's own greatness.
GG was great. Arthur RUbenstein was great. Alfred Cortot was great.
Dino Lupati was great. Leon Fleischer was great. Arthur
Schnabel was great. Lenny was great. Oscar HAmmerstein was great. Rudolf
Serkin was great. Robet Casadesus was great. We know not of their
put-downs of Mozart or Beethoven or each other.

This baseball metaphor may not travel the world real well, but here goes:
Does MArk McGuire or Ken Griffy Jr. knock Babe Ruth?

alan@dorsai.org
nyc/us

If the election were held today, would you vote for "I never inhaled," or
"Smoking's not addictive?"