GG: TLP

Hi,

I read Santayana's _The Last Puritan_ a long time ago and then was
re-reading it when it appeared on this list.  While searching through
it for things that remind me of Gould, I remembered that someone on this
list (I think it may have been Mary Jo) had said that at one point in the
book Oliver Alden had fallen in love with a sailor.

Does whoever wrote that remember what part of the book it was in?  In
"Boyhood" around Chapter X Oliver meets Lord Jim, but I don't know if
I would really consider their complex relationship to be love.  Besides,
Oliver was only sixteen.  (Not that it's not hard to fall in love
at age sixteen :-)

I am enjoying the book very much and I encourage all those who haven't
read it yet to do so.

Best wishes,
David