GG:Lambs

Lecter does not specify which Goldberg he wants to hear (He's not really in a
position to be picky after all.)  He also listens to GG play the two- and
three-part inventions once he escapes.  In the book, the Goldbergs are (as in
the movie) the soundtrack to Lecters murder of the two guards.  He
contemplates the sarabande as he smashes their skulls.  A true contrapuntal
tour de force, so to speak.

My pet theory (I've been working on a major essay on this text for ages) is
that Lecter is Apollonian in the Nietzschean sense and appreciates Bach in
that way.  Of course Gould is the obvious choice as player.  We've talked
about this before on the list some (several months ago) but I see nothing
wrong with bringing up familiar themes-- few people have the same things to
say anyway.

As for the fictional Gould-- he comes up specifically in many sorts of
pieces:
	The Silence of the Lambs
	The Loser

Then intentionally Gouldian pieces such as:
	Glenn (a play)
	32 Short FIlms

Are there any other instances where Gould is specifically brought up in a
film or book?

The Goldbergs show up in:
	The Silence of the Lambs
	Goedel, Escher, and Bach
	The Goldbug Variations (I haven't read-- anybody know more about
		this?)
	The Collecter (by John Fowles-- which influenced Silence)
	????? What else?????

-Mary Jo