[F_minor] GG: The Glenn Gould Google Doodle Update

My fellow Gouldians

During the summer there has been talk on having a GG-inspired Doodle on Google on September 25th. The basic idea is to alter the Google logo to a certain theme on the main site of the regional or global Google home page. You may have seen them, it has been done to honor Darwin 200, the 25th birthday of Tetris, the recent elections in Japan etc.

It is my understanding that the people who kickstarted this idea would like to have the GG Doodle set up for this year on GG's birthday, possibbly worldwide, but a regional vesion for google.ca would do for starters I reckon.

Our very own Mary Jensen who initiated the project together with some others contacted me  if I could give her a hand, but I am quite useless to be honest. She has informed ma that the GG Foundation is aware of this idea, but not actively involved.
It is rather difficult to get inside Google, the irony being that they know everything about you while you bite into granet contacting them. Funny that, innit ?

Now there is more than one way to skin a cat. As I understand it the "official" way would be to post a message at the respective Google Help Forum here:
Most Doodles are used on a local basis only, check your Google site if they have a help forum where you can suggest a Doodle, in our case GG of course.

The "inofficial"  and preferable way would be to contact Google directly. If the Canadians amongst you who would like to help pull this one off may contact them in Toronto at

Google Canada
Toronto Life Square
10 Dundas Street East, Suite 600, Toronto, ON M5B 2G9, Canada
+1 416-915-8200

List members in the U.S. find Google's HQ here

1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
Mountain View, CA 94043, United States
 +1 650-253-0000

They also have regional offices around the U.S.

So if anybody on the list knows someone who works for Big Brother Google or knows how we can get into Mordor, the Black Castle, Forbidden Fortress then please let us know.

This is the underground fanbase at work here, it would be quite an achievement if we can pull this off somehow.

Regards
Pat

Apologies to Mary, Katherine and the rest if I have gone out on a limb with this message, but I thought I give it a go.